Contacting Your Advisor
Students are assigned to advisors based on the first letter of their last name. However, students are able to see any advisor of their choosing. To make an appointment, call 217-333-7491 during regular office hours: Monday through Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm.
A-G - Katie Clark (email@example.com)
H-R - Carmen Kremitzki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
S-Z - Dr. Joseph Hinchliffe (email@example.com)
There are limited walk-in hours available Monday through Friday, 1:00pm-2:00pm on days class is in session. Walk-in appointments may last no more than ten minutes if other students are waiting.
Meeting With Your Advisor
Visit with your advisor regularly. When you and your advisor know and understand each other, advising works better. Meet with your advisor:
- to plan course registration for an upcoming semester;
- to understand academic requirements related to degree completion, transfer of credit, academic standing, entry or departure from the university;
- to develop long-term academic plans, or fit existing academic plans with career or post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans;
- to learn about opportunities for study abroad, internships, or academic honors; and
- to get help or a referral to other campus units for help with problems.