Contacting Your Advisor
Schedule an advising appointment online or by calling 217-333-7491.
Students are assigned to advisors based on class year:
- Seniors and referrals from staff, faculty or other advisors: Joseph Hinchliffe (email@example.com)
- Prospective students, freshman, sophomores and juniors: Jessica Tran (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Clarissa Leman (email@example.com)
Express advising is also available on days class is in session. Express advising serves as a 10 minute appointment time for quick advising questions.
- Joseph Hinchliffe: Mondays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Clarissa Leman: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Jessica Tran: Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00-2:00pm
If you think your questions may warrant a longer conversation, please schedule a formal appointment.
Meeting With Your Advisor
Visit with your advisor regularly. When you and your advisor know and understand each other, advising works better. Meet with your advisor:
- to plan course registration for an upcoming semester;
- to understand academic requirements related to degree completion, transfer of credit, academic standing, entry or departure from the university;
- to develop long-term academic plans, or fit existing academic plans with career or post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans;
- to learn about opportunities for study abroad, internships, or academic honors; and
- to get help or a referral to other campus units for help with problems.