Express advising serves as a 10 minute appointment time for quick advising questions (i.e. PS minor declaration, form signatures). Express advising is available on days class is in session. Check-in for Express advising in David Kinley Hall room 420.
- Joseph Hinchliffe: Mondays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Clarissa Leman: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Jessica Tran: Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00-2:00pm
If you think your questions may warrant a longer conversation, please schedule a formal appointment.
Schedule an advising appointment online or by calling 217-333-7491.
Students are welcome to meet with any advisor they choose, but as a preliminary matter, students are assigned to advisors based on last name:
- Last Names A-H: Clarissa Leman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See also for questions about academic standing and probation
- Last Names I-R: Jessica Tran (email@example.com)
- See also for questions about the honors program
- Last Names S-Z: Joseph Hinchliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See also for questions about Pi Sigma Alpha, study abroad course articulation
Meeting With Your Advisor
Visit with your advisor regularly. When you and your advisor know and understand each other, advising works better. Meet with your advisor:
- to plan course registration for an upcoming semester;
- to understand academic requirements related to degree completion, transfer of credit, academic standing, entry or departure from the university;
- to develop long-term academic plans, or fit existing academic plans with career or post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans;
- to learn about opportunities for study abroad, internships, or academic honors; and
- to get help or a referral to other campus units for help with problems.