Given the recent events, students will only be able to schedule phone or Zoom appointments.
Schedule an advising appointment online or by calling 217-333-7491.
Students are welcome to meet with any advisor they choose, but as a preliminary matter, students are assigned to advisors based on last name:
- Last Names A-H: Clarissa Leman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See also for questions about academic standing and probation
- Last Names I-R: Jessica Tran (email@example.com)
- See also for questions about the honors program
- Last Names S-Z: Joseph Hinchliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See also for questions about Pi Sigma Alpha, study abroad course articulation
Given the recent events, we are postponing all Express Advising hours.
Express advising serves as a 10 minute appointment time for quick advising questions (i.e. PS minor declaration, form signatures). Express advising is available on days class is in session. Check-in for Express advising in David Kinley Hall room 420.
- Joseph Hinchliffe: Mondays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Clarissa Leman: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Jessica Tran: Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00-2:00pm
If you think your questions may warrant a longer conversation, please schedule a formal appointment.
Meeting With Your Advisor
Visit with your advisor regularly. When you and your advisor know and understand each other, advising works better. Meet with your advisor:
- to plan course registration for an upcoming semester;
- to understand academic requirements related to degree completion, transfer of credit, academic standing, entry or departure from the university;
- to develop long-term academic plans, or fit existing academic plans with career or post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans;
- to learn about opportunities for study abroad, internships, or academic honors; and
- to get help or a referral to other campus units for help with problems.