Contacting Your Advisor
Schedule an advising appointment online or by calling 217-333-7491.
Students are welcome to meet with any advisor they choose, but as a preliminary matter, students are assigned to advisors based on last name:
- Last Names A-H: Clarissa Leman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Last Names I-R: Jessica Tran (email@example.com)
- Last Names S-Z: Joseph Hinchliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For advising on issues related to honors, see Jessica Tran.
For advising on issues related to academic standing or probation, see Clarissa Leman.
For advising on issues related to course articulation, study abroad or anything else including referrals from staff, faculty or other advisors, see Joseph Hinchliffe.
Express advising is also available on days class is in session. Express advising serves as a 10 minute appointment time for quick advising questions.
- Joseph Hinchliffe: Mondays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Clarissa Leman: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-2:00pm
- Jessica Tran: Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00-2:00pm
If you think your questions may warrant a longer conversation, please schedule a formal appointment.
Meeting With Your Advisor
Visit with your advisor regularly. When you and your advisor know and understand each other, advising works better. Meet with your advisor:
- to plan course registration for an upcoming semester;
- to understand academic requirements related to degree completion, transfer of credit, academic standing, entry or departure from the university;
- to develop long-term academic plans, or fit existing academic plans with career or post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans;
- to learn about opportunities for study abroad, internships, or academic honors; and
- to get help or a referral to other campus units for help with problems.