Professor Tewksbury conducts research examining the role of the news media in democratic systems. One strand of his research concerns how news media construct the meaning of issues in their reports and how audiences understand and respond to issue frames. Another line of research examines how news audiences select news content in the contemporary media environment. Both strands explore the normative implications of news creation and consumption for the functioning of democratic systems.
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1996
- M.A., University of Southern California, 1992
- B.A., Occidental College, 1985
- CMN 277: Intro to Mediated Communication
- CMN 529: News and Politics