The application deadline for admission in Fall 2022 is December 15, 2021. Follow this link to apply.
A complete application consists of:
- An application form and fee.
- A personal statement explaining why you wish to study political science at the University of Illinois.
- A sample of your written work, such as a paper you wrote for a political science course.
- Transcripts from every college or university you have attended, whether or not you earned a degree there.
- A minimum of three letters of reference.
- If English is not your first language, your TOEFL score reports.
For applications due in December 2021, the Department of Political Science will not require GRE scores and will not consider GRE scores as part of an applicant's record.
Please submit all your application materials through the UIUC Graduate College's online application process. Do not mail them to our department. Your references will be prompted by an automated email message to upload their letters. If they are unable to do so, they may send their letters to the address below:
Department of Political Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Attn. Graduate Admissions
420 David Kinley Hall MC-713
1407 W Gregory Dr
Urbana IL 61801
If you have questions about the graduate admissions process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.