Study political science to:
- Understand why countries go to war, and how to help maintain and foster cooperation.
- Learn the basics of the new political data science and research design that is driving campaigns and is providing the evidence for policy.
- Figure out what people mean when they talk about “freedom" or “equality."
- Debate about whether a presidential system is better than a parliamentary system.
- Think about what is needed to have a well-informed citizenry.
- Work out the reasons for authoritarian coups and democratic transitions.