Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley. Political Science
Additional Campus Affiliations
Associate Professor, Asian American Studies
Associate Professor, Center for Global Studies
Associate Professor, European Union Center
Affiliate, Center for Social and Behavioral Science
- Wong, Cara. Boundaries of Obligation: Geographic, Racial, and National Communities. . Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- "Explaining Perceptions of Competitive Threat in a Multiracial Context." Race, Reform, and Regulation of the Electoral Process. . New York: Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Wong, Cara, and Grace Cho. "Jus Meritum: Citizenship for Service." Transforming Politics, Transforming America: The Political and Civic Incorporation of Immigrants in the United States. . Ed. Taeku Lee, Karthick Ramakrishnan, and Ricardo Ramírez. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 2010.
- "Who Belongs? Assimilation, Integration and Multiculturalism in the United States." Nations of Immigrants, 2nd edition. . Northampton: Edward Elgar, 2009.
- Citrin , Jack, Cara Wong, and Brian Duff. "The Meaning of American National Identity." Social Identity, Intergroup Conflict, and Conflict Reduction. . Ed. Richard D. Ashmore and Lee Jussim. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- "Bringing the Person Back In: Boundaries, Perceptions, and the Measurement of Racial Context ." Journal of Politics 74 (2012):
- Wong, Cara. "Little’ and ‘Big’ Pictures in Our Heads: Race, Local Context and Innumeracy about Racial Groups in the U.S.." Public Opinion Quarterly 71 (2007): 392-412.
- Wong, Cara. "Who Fights: Substitution, Commutation, and ‘Green Card Troops." Du Bois Review 4 (2007): 1-22.
- Wong, Cara, Andrea Campbell , and Jack Citrin. "'Racial Threat,' Partisan Climate, and Direct Democracy: Contextual Effects in Three California Initiatives." Political Behavior 28 (2006): 129-150.
- Wong, Cara, and Grace Cho. "Two-Headed Coins or Kandinskys: White Racial Identification." Political Psychology 26.5 (2005): 699-720.
- Citrin, Jack, Cara Wong, David Sears, and Christopher Muste. "Multiculturalism in American Public Opinion." British Journal of Political Science 31 (2001): 247-75.
- Citrin, Jack, Donald P. Green, Cara Wong, and Christopher Muste. "Public Opinion Toward Immigration Reform: The Role of Economic Motivations." The Journal of Politics 59 (1997): 858-81.
Wong, C., Bowers, J., Rubenson, D., Fredrickson, M., & Rundlett, A. (2020). Maps in People's Heads: Assessing a New Measure of Context. Political Science Research and Methods, 8(1), 160-168. https://doi.org/10.1017/psrm.2018.51
Wong, C., & Bonaguro, J. (2020). The value of citizenship and service to the nation. RSF, 6(3), 96-116. https://doi.org/10.7758/RSF.2020.6.3.05
Citrin, J., Levy, M., & Wong, C. J. (2017). Politics and the English Language in California: Bilingual Education at the Polls. California Journal of Politics and Policy, 9(2). https://doi.org/10.5070/P2CJPP9234853
Wong, C. J. (2014). Would we know 'integration' if we were to see it? Measurement and The Imperative of Integration. Political Studies Review, 12(3), 353-360. https://doi.org/10.1111/1478-9302.12064
Hutchings, V. L., & Wong, C. (2013). Racism, group position, and attitudes about immigration among blacks and whites. Du Bois Review, 11(2), 419-442. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1742058X14000198