Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley. Political Science
Additional Campus Affiliations
Associate Professor, Asian American Studies
Affiliate, Center for Social and Behavioral Science
- Wong, Cara. Boundaries of Obligation: Geographic, Racial, and National Communities. . Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- "Explaining Perceptions of Competitive Threat in a Multiracial Context." Race, Reform, and Regulation of the Electoral Process. . New York: Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Wong, Cara, and Grace Cho. "Jus Meritum: Citizenship for Service." Transforming Politics, Transforming America: The Political and Civic Incorporation of Immigrants in the United States. . Ed. Taeku Lee, Karthick Ramakrishnan, and Ricardo Ramírez. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 2010.
- "Who Belongs? Assimilation, Integration and Multiculturalism in the United States." Nations of Immigrants, 2nd edition. . Northampton: Edward Elgar, 2009.
- Citrin , Jack, Cara Wong, and Brian Duff. "The Meaning of American National Identity." Social Identity, Intergroup Conflict, and Conflict Reduction. . Ed. Richard D. Ashmore and Lee Jussim. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- "Bringing the Person Back In: Boundaries, Perceptions, and the Measurement of Racial Context ." Journal of Politics 74 (2012):
- Wong, Cara. "Little’ and ‘Big’ Pictures in Our Heads: Race, Local Context and Innumeracy about Racial Groups in the U.S.." Public Opinion Quarterly 71 (2007): 392-412.
- Wong, Cara. "Who Fights: Substitution, Commutation, and ‘Green Card Troops." Du Bois Review 4 (2007): 1-22.
- Wong, Cara, Andrea Campbell , and Jack Citrin. "'Racial Threat,' Partisan Climate, and Direct Democracy: Contextual Effects in Three California Initiatives." Political Behavior 28 (2006): 129-150.
- Wong, Cara, and Grace Cho. "Two-Headed Coins or Kandinskys: White Racial Identification." Political Psychology 26.5 (2005): 699-720.
- Citrin, Jack, Cara Wong, David Sears, and Christopher Muste. "Multiculturalism in American Public Opinion." British Journal of Political Science 31 (2001): 247-75.
- Citrin, Jack, Donald P. Green, Cara Wong, and Christopher Muste. "Public Opinion Toward Immigration Reform: The Role of Economic Motivations." The Journal of Politics 59 (1997): 858-81.
Wong, C., Bowers, J., Rubenson, D., Fredrickson, M., & Rundlett, A. (2020). Maps in People's Heads: Assessing a New Measure of Context. Political Science Research and Methods, 8(1), 160-168. https://doi.org/10.1017/psrm.2018.51
Wong, C., & Bonaguro, J. (2020). The value of citizenship and service to the nation. RSF, 6(3), 96-116. https://doi.org/10.7758/RSF.2020.6.3.05
Citrin, J., Levy, M., & Wong, C. J. (2017). Politics and the English Language in California: Bilingual Education at the Polls. California Journal of Politics and Policy, 9(2). https://doi.org/10.5070/P2CJPP9234853
Wong, C. J. (2014). Would we know 'integration' if we were to see it? Measurement and The Imperative of Integration. Political Studies Review, 12(3), 353-360. https://doi.org/10.1111/1478-9302.12064
Hutchings, V. L., & Wong, C. (2013). Racism, group position, and attitudes about immigration among blacks and whites. Du Bois Review, 11(2), 419-442. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1742058X14000198