See below for all information pertaining to New Student Registration.
Photo Grid Images
Before your registration date, make sure you complete the steps below:
- Complete the required Political Science Major Form (this is different than the LAS college homework form).
- Claim your NetID. Set up your NetID, email & password to enable you to register on your registration date.
- Take placement tests. Political Science students should prioritize the Language other than English and Math placement tests.
- Review the Political Science curriculum. Learn about our concentrations and see what introductory courses are offered for Fall 2020.
Check your email!
A Political Science advisor should be in contact via email the Wednesday or Thursday of the PRIOR week to your orientation date with information about two meetings that day - a morning group meeting and a one-on-one afternoon meeting. We will be utilizing Zoom for all appointments. Please make sure you are available the entire day, as you will be required to meet with an advisor both in the morning and in the afternoon. An advising hold will be placed on your account until your scheduled meeting in the afternoon, where your advisor will assist you in registering for classes.
Below are some resources you will likely use as part of the orientation day:
- Political Science concentrations
- Course Explorer - all Fall 2020 course offerings found here
- Registration System - Comprehensive Guide
- Degree Audit Report - pertinent to Transfer students to see what degree requirements your transfer coursework fulfills
For first-time freshman, your advising hold will be replaced after your new student registration date until you return to campus in fall.
- Check out this short presentation about opportunities on campus to participate in internships, research, study abroad and more.
- Contribute to our Summer 2020 Social Media Campaign: print out our Political Science frame, write down what about college you are looking forward to most, and share the photo on your social media feeds. Don't forget to tag us (@PolSciIllinois) for a chance to be featured on our page!
- Get a head start on your Political Science New Student To-Do list to help prepare you for a successful first semester at Illinois.
- Check out our alumni spotlights to learn about the many career paths and success stories of our alumni!
- LAS College Orientation Webpage: https://las.illinois.edu/orientation
- Get involved in at least one Registered Student Organization (RSO) that fits your interests, skills, and passions!
- Pre-law students: Learn more about our Pre-Law Advising and Resources on campus.
- Familiarize yourself with the campus-wide Fall 2020 Academic Calendar.
- View a comprehensive list of all student resources here and check out what all the various student services have to offer.