Guidelines for submitting your Spring 2022 senior thesis can be found below. If you have any questions, please contact your faculty thesis advisor or follow up with your academic advisor.
Your final thesis is due THURSDAY, MAY 5TH. If you require additional time, please speak to your thesis advisor to determine an appropriate extension. You are required to submit TWO electronic copies of your thesis:
Copy One: Submit via the LAS thesis submission portal: Undergraduate Thesis & Capstone Online Submission System.
Copy Two: Department submission through this form: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/907818281. Note the Department of Political Science will NOT require a bound hard copy of your thesis.
Before submitting your thesis:
Please refer to the LAS Thesis Guidelines for information on formatting.
Complete the “Thesis certification form”, available as a fillable PDF. Information on completing the thesis certification form:
- (Student’s Name) is the name by which you are known to the university.
- ENTITLED: The title on the form needs to match the title page of your thesis.
- Following “IS APPROVED BY ME AS FULFILLING THIS PART OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE OF” type, “Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences”.
- (Department/Academic Unit) is “Department of Political Science”.
- (Instructor in Charge) your thesis advisor signs this line.
Once the certification form has been signed by you and your thesis advisor, drop it off to the main office, 420 David Kinley Hall, for signature. The form will be signed by the Department Head and returned to you as a PDF, via e-mail. The turnaround time may take a few days, please plan accordingly.