Visit with your advisor regularly. When you and your advisor know and understand each other, advising works better. Meet with your advisor:
- to plan course registration for an upcoming semester;
- to understand academic requirements related to degree completion, transfer of credit, academic standing, entry or departure from the university;
- to develop long-term academic plans, or fit existing academic plans with career or post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans;
- to learn about opportunities for study abroad, internships, or academic honors; and
- to get help or a referral to other campus units for additional support.