The late Lucius J. Barker received his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and even started his teaching career at Illinois!
Any items related to Political Science alumni.
- The Department of Political Science is pleased to announce an annual awards program to honor outstanding University of Illinois Political Science alumni.
- Political Science PhD alumnus Dr. Sumit Ganguly (’84) has been elected as a 2017 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- CRISTINA VALDEZ PINEDA (’15) graduated from Illinois with a double major in Political Science and Communication.
- AMBER MCREYNOLDS (‘01) always had an interest in politics and government.
- JESUS MAGANA (‘13) was not always sure of his career path.
- JENINE SALEH (‘15) majored in both Political Science and Global Studies, receiving highest distinction honors during graduation.
- Quite a few graduates from the Political Science department at the University of Illinois might someday end up on the east coast, but far
- MICHAEL ALLENSWORTH (BA ‘14) attended the University of Illinois originally majoring in MCB on the Pre-Med track but soon realized it was
- While studying Political Science at Illinois, AMANDA BRADY ZIFFRA (BA ’08) was President of the Women's Lacrosse Team and spent time stud
- For Professor ALAN WISEMAN (BA ’96), his professional career stems from a hot day in Champaign, Illinois in August 1993. Dr.
- MARK GLASSGOW (‘16) is a Co-Founder and Producer at Chicago Media Angels, a business dedicated to connecting investors with talented, ind
- Growing up in Taiwan, where politics permeates every day life, MURPHY PERNG (BA ’11) developed an interest in the subject.
- BRADY COLLINS (MA ‘11), an alumnus of the Masters in Civic Leadership program, never expected to pursue a career in academia.
- RYAN SPAIN (BA ’05) graduated with a dual degree in Political Science and Speech Communication and Bronze Tablet Honors.
- When KASEY UMLAND (BA ’05) accepted a program staff position at the University YMCA twelve years ago, she was returning to a place she ha
- AMY RADLINSKI (BA ‘17) pursued her interest in international politics in the Department of Political Science at Illinois.
- JANICE LIN (‘16) has always been adept when it comes to political science, developing a passion for the subject in high school.
- NATASHA DOLMON (BA ’14) spent much of high school engaged in politics, so naturally she selected Political Science as her declared major.
- For EVAN KELLER (BA ’16), studying Political Science at Illinois was “never in question.” It all started with his 8th grade current events class, where a de
- EMILY GARNETT (BA ’05; MA ’07) always knew she wanted to do something with politics or law.
- ROBERT DOUBEK (’66) grew up in an American family with Czech roots. They were bakers and confectioners for three generations, including his.
- NICK HARRER (’02) has always had an interest in broadcast journalism.
- MITCH DICKEY (‘16) is the University of Illinois Alumni Alliance’s Advocacy Coordinator, where he helps manage federal and state advocacy efforts on the University of Illinois’ be
- JAYLIN D. MCCLINTON (‘16) is a graduate of the Department of Political Science at the University of Illinois.
- MARY O’CONNOR (’74) had always been interested in Political Science and decided to pursue this interest at the University of Illinois.
- JOHN BECK (BA ’71; MS ‘74) started at the University of Illinois in 1967 as a student in what is now known as the Division of General Studies.
- University of Illinois Political Science alumni have made significant contributions in many fields – academia, the law, government, politics, business, media and others.
- ROB HUCK (’71) is a retired UI fundraiser and major supporter of the University of Illinois.