My PS Story
- SARA CLINE-HOWLAND (‘10) was interested in history and politics while in high school, and a major in political science seemed like a natural fit.
- DAVID ADELEYE (’14) has spent the past few years working in multiple advisory roles within the Obama Administration at the White House and Department of Homeland Security.
- WENDY NETTER EPSTEIN (‘99) entered the University of Illinois intending to go the “pre-med” route.
- LARRY HARRIS, JR. (‘15) has always had an interest in government and foreign affairs, and that led him to the Department of Political Science.
- TERRY WELCH (’76) grew up in Springfield with a Republican father and a Democratic mother who enjoyed engaging the family in political debate.
- JULIA AZARI (‘02) started college hoping to be a journalist, and she selected political science because she hoped to do political journalism. As she studied political science, she fell in love wit
- JOHN COADY (’74) explains how his study of political science influenced his judicial career path and life in this way: “Politics is my life.” In college, he was involved in activities including st
- CATHERINE TOPOLINSKI (’13) enjoyed study abroad in both India and Belgium while she was in college.
- MORGAN McCLAIN-McKINNEY (BA ’09; MA ‘11) was a political science major throughout her years at Illinois, but her interests shifted from pre-law to international affairs. While in college, she took